Thursday 5 April 2018

RPGPundit Presents Volume 4: Last Sun: Hipster Elves!

RPGPundit Presents Volume 4: Last Sun: Hipster Elves! was written by RPGPundit, with artwork by Michael Clarke, itskatjas, and OlyaTropinina. The publisher is Precis Intermedia.

Although not advertised as a Dungeon Crawl Classics product, readers of RPGPundit's blog will know that he runs (or ran) a gonzo post-Apocalyptic Dungeon Crawl Classics campaign known as the "Last Sun". This is not post-Apocalyptic in terms of our world having undergone an Apocalypse. Or maybe it is. It is difficult to tell.

Because not all of the RPGPundit Presents series are compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics, and none of them are printed under the compatibility license, I shall do my best to list them when I believe they are designed for use with DCC. Others are more generic, or designed to be used for other games (in particular Lion & Dragon).

Hipster Elves are the dominant elven culture on the Northern Continent, living in domes that they no longer know how to use or maintain. "In the best of cases, only about 7% of all Hipster Elves bother to learn anything these days. Those who do tend to know very little. The other 93% have no idea about the outside world, though they are sure it is just like they imagine from the safe space of their bubble-shaped dome. This makes the Hipster Elves inevitably doomed."

This product includes a basic description of Hipster Elves, a description of Hipster Elf domes (including the information you need to determine if they are inhabited, and, if so, by what), and a Hipster Elf occupation table. Hipster Elves can have occupations like "Activist: Pointless", armed with a "Staple-Gun (1d2)" and carrying "1d100 leaflets about a cause no one actually opposes" or a "Vegan Barbecue Cook" armed with a "Knife (1d3)" and carrying "inedible garbage he claims tastes just like meat".

Descriptions of some of the more unusual Hipster Elf occupations are also given. For instance, a Professional Allergic is described as: "These Elves have no actual allergies, but feign having several life-threatening ones that limit what they can eat or how much they can work. They often worry about the presence of gluten in foods that have no gluten by definition."

Clearly, RPGPundit's sociopolitical views color his descriptions in Hipster Elves, but whether this is a good thing or a bad thing must be determined by the individual reader. So long as you don't take yourself too seriously, you might find some useful gaming material here.

From the annals of the RPGPundit's (in)famous Last Sun gonzo fantasy campaign, this supplement details the most common surviving species of Elves on the surface world: Hipster Elves. Discover the secrets of this decadent and largely useless people's high-tech domes, their culture, and a hilarious table of over 50 new 0-level professions for Hipster Elf characters.

Get It Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.